Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Soulman - RIP


Listen!
James Brown Gisborne 2006

At the end of the Long & Sandy Stretch of Road,..

Cloudily loomed A Dead-end

the Lightless Eastcape Lighthouse.
Shit!! I Jam the Brakes
and Spin the Wheel

From the Tyres Spit Dust & Scree,

The Seagulls Curse & Dive at Me.

This Road

a Long Snaking Lonliness

My Life

a Venetian Mosaic of Colored Kodak Moments,

the Fragments of Loves & Losses Settling in Silt

Grouted Routed & Sealed.

The Fractured Edges of Today Another Piece of the Puzzle,

How to Break up this Beautiful Fuck up,

Overwhelming in its Countless Subsets......

Speedily losing myself and reclaiming lost km`s
I pass a van & everything slows again
Then I see James Brown Bombed on a Van!
Beaming at Me from the Roadside!

I Beam Back a Smile & I Feel Good Again
His parked smile fleetingly greeted me & mine returned & stayed. I feel good.
I Pass Giving Regard & Thanks & Reclaiming the Lost K's I Reflect

What the Fuk?!!

Serendipity & Syncronicity

NYE 2006

Miles Away in NYC NY NY

Miles of People File

& Pass Past His Casket

Eyes

Filled with Goodbyes

Harts

Swollen with Smiles


so Iman, Rman

Miles Off-Course,

Is Filled Too with Miles of Smiles
Here, in NZ as the Clouds Part Like Curtains for his Scores of Encores
Spot Lights of God-Rays Reprise and Bounce off the Teal Blue Rover & Pacific Ocean
Warming, Dazzling Me and the Coast
Hazes Rise and Fall
Stones & Dust Are Turfed from my Tyres
James Retires Above the Clouds

Tomorrow He

Shall Be First To See The Sun

Before even Gisbourne,

And in the Vineyards Below
We will Dance Tonight
Amongst Gods' Dew and Drizzled Tears of Joy
RIP Soulman

Welcome Home






Listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment